YAFFED believes every child has the right to a quality education and works to ensure that Haredi and Hasidic Yeshivas in New York deliver a sound basic education to their students.
As the Development and Executive Assistant, you will play a dual role, providing high-level administrative support to our executive team and actively contributing to development initiatives. This position requires a detail-oriented and resourceful professional with strong interpersonal skills who can manage a variety of tasks, support fundraising efforts, balance priorities and ensure smooth operations.
The candidate must be able to work independently and have access to a reliable internet connection. This is a mostly remote position with attendance at NY area in-person meetings and events required.
Development Associate Responsibilities:
- Donor Relations:
- Assist in cultivating and maintaining relationships with donors and board members.
- Support the development of donor communication materials and acknowledgments.
- Conduct research on donors and prospective donors and prepare relevant documents ahead of donor meetings.
- Grant Writing and Research:
- Conduct research on potential funding sources and grant opportunities.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of grant proposals and reports.
- Event Support:
- Contribute to the planning and execution of fundraising events.
- Coordinate logistics and assist in ensuring the success of fundraising initiatives.
- Database Management:
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date donor records in the organization’s database.
- Generate reports and analyze data related to fundraising activities.
- Board Support:
- Coordinate logistics around board meetings including scheduling, managing RSVPS, compilation of reports etc.
- Taking notes at board meetings and disseminating in a timely manner.
- Support Board orientation process.
Executive Assistant Responsibilities:
- Calendar Management: Coordinate and manage the executive director’s schedule, including appointments, meetings, and travel arrangements.
- Handle incoming calls, emails, and other communications on behalf of the executive director.
- Draft and edit correspondence, reports, and presentations.
- Appropriately track correspondence in the database.
- Meeting Coordination:
- Arrange and coordinate meetings, including preparing agendas, background and other materials. Working with other staff as needed.
- Take minutes during meetings, distribute them as needed and ensure proper follow up.
- Travel Logistics: Coordinate travel arrangements, including booking flights, hotels, and transportation for executive director and senior staff as needed.
- Document Preparation: Prepare and edit documents, presentations, and reports.
- Confidentiality: Maintain a high level of confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information.
- Project Support: Assist in the execution of special projects and initiatives led by the executive director and other senior staff.
- Stakeholder Liaison: Interface with internal and external stakeholders, representing the executive director professionally.
- General administrative support to the organization: maintaining files and records, processing invoices and expenses, coordinating with external financial institutions and managing office supplies.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an administrative or executive assistant role
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; demonstrated in meeting deadlines, setting priorities, maintaining accuracy in details and working in cooperative but self-directed manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ease in communicating with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment and proactively solve problems
- Ease with handling multiple priorities and deadlines with flexibility, skill and calm when needing to pivot in response to unexpected changes.
- Experience or strong interest in non-profit development
- Proficient in Google Suite and Zoom
- Commitment to YAFFED’s mission and values
- Social media management and outreach
- Database management/CRM
- Event planning and implementation
- Starting salary of $50,000-$60,000
- Health insurance with generous employer coverage
- Dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending account
- 403B retirement plan
- Generous, flexible PTO
To apply, please share a cover letter, resume and two references via email@example.com. We expect the process to go as follows:
- Screening Interview on zoom
- Role specific exercise
- Second interview in-person
- Reference review
Yaffed will be accepting applications for this position on a rolling basis with candidates being considered until the position is filled. Ideally, this position would start mid-March 2024.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org