Yaffed is a nonprofit organization founded by individuals raised within Hasidic and ultra-Orthodox communities, and committed to improving secular education in Hasidic and ultra-Orthodox schools. Yaffed believes that all students should receive a quality education in the schools they currently attend.
Yaffed is seeking a coordinator fluent in Yiddish to write and record educational content in Yiddish and to develop a network of yeshiva graduates to represent Yaffed publicly. Ongoing Tasks for the Yiddish Outreach Coordinator will include:
- Maintain a Yiddish hotline of news and other content.
- Recruit and interview experts and commentators on a wide range of topics relevant to the Haredi community
- Develop a network of graduates of Haredi yeshivas willing to speak publicly or semi-publicly on the issue.
- Translate lessons into Yiddish and record for future use as part of educational hotline
- Represent Yaffed at community events.
- Write multiple Yiddish blog posts/ articles a month.
- A passion for Yaffed’s mission
- Fluency in Yiddish and English
- The ability to translate articles and lessons from one language to the other
- Public Speaking experience
- Proficiency in google suite applications
- Graphic Design
- Web Design
- Video Editing
- Social Media Management
Salary Range $60,000-$70,000 annually
403B plan with employer contribution
Generous PTO policy
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Applications without cover letters will not be considered
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org