Yaffed believes every child has the right to a quality education and works to ensure that Haredi and Hasidic Yeshivas in New York deliver a quality secular education to their students.
Yaffed is seeking an Executive/Administrative Assistant to support Yaffed’s Executive Director and the organization’s leadership team. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment. The candidate must be able to work independently and have access to a reliable internet connection.
This is a mostly remote position with attendance at in-person meetings and events required.
- Manage the executive director’s schedule, including scheduling meetings and appointments, and coordinating travel arrangements
- Create agendas, take minutes and follow up on action items from Board and team meetings.
- Handle incoming calls and emails and respond to inquiries on behalf of the executive director
- Draft and edit correspondence, reports, and other documents as needed
- Support the organization’s social media presence and assist with outreach efforts
- Help plan, coordinate and attend events and meetings, including managing logistics and preparing materials
- Conduct research and compile information as needed for projects and initiatives
- Provide general administrative support to the organization, including maintaining files and records, processing invoices and expenses, and managing office supplies
- Provide project management support for specific organizational initiatives, including basic website maintenance.
- Some experience in WordPress and/or other website hosting software.
- Experienced in account payables and receivables.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an administrative or executive assistant role
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Experience with social media management and outreach
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment to YAFFED’s mission and values
- Starting salary of $50,000-$60,000
- Health insurance with generous employer coverage
- Dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending account
- 403B retirement plan
- Generous, flexible PTO
Yaffed will be accepting applications for this position on a rolling basis with candidates being considered until the position is filled.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com